Saturday, November 14, 2009

Will jasmine kill a tree?

I found some jasmine at a home depot, the sweet smelling purple kind, and i want to plant it on a fence in my backyard. My father is worried that it might kill the trees we have growing on the fence. will it kill them?

Will jasmine kill a tree?
Hi:


I am a landscaper and designer. Jasmine won't kill trees. I live in zone seven in the United States, and we have native Jasmine in some woods. Jasmine will compliment trees and also look great along your fence in the backyard. Ivy will choke trees out and can potentially kill them.





I will link you to the tropics section of my website. There is a page on Jasmine that you might be interested in. I will also link you to the site map, as this page has everything that is on the website. Browse through and see if you can find any other articles, tips or techniques that may help you with any landscape project. Good luck to you and have a great day!


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...
Reply:Jasmine is quite benign and will not harm your trees. Even though it is a vine, it does not have tendrils that dig into their support, unlike ivy or Virginia creeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment