Saturday, November 14, 2009

WHat would mix with Jasmine flowers?

I am looking to surprise my gf with some flowers. I have done the roses plenty, now I want to give her some of her favorite flowers. Jasmine is her favorite flower, what flowers would mix well in a vase with the Jasmine flower? Any other ideas would be appreciated as well.

WHat would mix with Jasmine flowers?
If she likes Jasmine then she likes fragrant flowes. I would go with some freesia, tuberose and peonies - also Stargazer lillies or any Oriental Lilly - all of these flowers are extremely fragrant. By the way, you can't put jasmine in a vase. It's a climbing vine, but you could buy her a small potted Jasmine plant.
Reply:Go to a local nursery and buy her a potted jasmine. The jasmine will remain in the pot. Ask the clerk how to care for it, or go to this website:





http://www.crocus.co.uk/features/_/artic...





We have two that we bring into the house in the winter and set them on a box/table/stand in a south facing window until late spring or early summer. We then put them outside, but this is not necessary. We have done this for about 5 years now and they are still in the same pots we bought them in. I like to prune them about half way down when I bring them into the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment