Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a jasmine (indian variety also called Mogra) that does not produce any petals?

It blooms in summer (in New Jersey) but the buds are just the outer green leafy petal coverings, with no white fragrant petals inside. I put miracle grow changed soil etc but no change. There are so many buds (without any petals) but no flowers.


I finally planted the plant in the ground from the pot and got a couple of buds with petals. What do I need to do to get a normal bloom on this nice fragrant jasmine plant?

I have a jasmine (indian variety also called Mogra) that does not produce any petals?
Mine took three years to be a prolific bloomer and I'm in sunny SoCal! I grow it on a trellis against my fence in an upright position and transplanted it from a pot. Just be patient, sometimes it takes time to establish, but once it does, you will start to get irritated picking up all of the deadhead blooms, but your yard will smell wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment