Thursday, November 12, 2009

How hardy is pink jasmine and what fertilizer is best?

I love the smell of pink jasmine, but I have really poor soil. I live in the south so it would have plenty of heat. I went to Home Depot and they had pink jasmine and wow it was the best smelling plant there. Just wanting to know if any of you have one and were you happy with your purchase.

How hardy is pink jasmine and what fertilizer is best?
I have white jasmin which is also very fragrant. I'm in Oregon, so I can tell you that it stands up well to months of rain and can survive an occasional temperature drop to below 20.





It's a hardy plant and can survive a lot. Just keep it watered during the hot water. Occasionally you could give it some general fertilizer like Miracle Grow, but it's not a heavy feeder





You could improve your soil by working in come compost. If you don't have compost, buy a bag of planting soil and work it into the soil before planting your jasmine.





I have my jasmine, some honeysuckle and roses growing right outside my bedroom window. It's just heavenly when I open the window on a summer night. :-) Enjoy your jasmine!.
Reply:They are easy to grow. Use compost to amend the soil and fertilize once a month. Water regularly and dont let it dry out. Put a trellis so that it can grow up. If you clip some flowers and put it in the house it will make it smell so nice. I only have the white one and am satisfied, the pink one sounds even prettier.


No comments:

Post a Comment