Monday, November 16, 2009

Advice on Transplanting Star Jasmine??

I have tried to transplant Star Jasmine NINE TIMES and have failed each time. Everything I read says it is fast growing and EASY to cultivate, yet mine ALWAYS seems to dry up and die ~ even when watered daily, every other day, Bi-weekly. I've planted in full sun to full shade and every photosynthetic op in between. I've tried EVERYTHING! Any suggestions? I am in Northeastern Texas if that helps.

Advice on Transplanting Star Jasmine??
I am so sorry for your frustration. Make sure you transplant when the weather is cool(Apr, May, June, Oct, Nov.) Do not try when frost threatens.





Dig your intended hole first. Carefully dig up the plant making sure to get a good rootball with dirt attached. Or are you talking about from a container? Carefully plop the plant into the new hole. Cover with soil and compost to the same height the plant was before. Do not plant deeper than before. Thoroughly soak with water.





In my experience Star Jasmine tends to sit for quite awhile before new growth appears. Don't be discouraged.





Good luck. Remember only in COOL weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment